It might surprise you that one of the key success factors to retailer Aldi’s success is its convenience, not its price. Spacious aisles in-store and large car parks outside make getting in, around and out as easy as possible. Being user-friendly is a key factor in influencing a change in consumer’s buying behaviour. Customers are more likely to switch products and services if their lives are made easier, rather than if a product is simply cheaper.
But not everyone gets convenience right. In Farnborough, the local council invested in a spacious new park to increase the town’s ease of access for out-of-town shoppers. Dubbed the ‘secret’ car park it sits above retail outlets with no way to access it, so it remains an unused white elephant.
We’d all like to enjoy growth like Aldi, and avoid building ‘secret’ car parks, yet it never fails to amaze us how many times we are presented with strategies and activation plans that fail to address the most basic of questions.
Uspire believe that 60% of ‘secret’ car parks are produced when a lack of time and resource is invested in validating how robust a strategy is. The other 40% occur when the activation plans are left unchecked or when there is failure to communicate the plan across the organisation.
Here are some points to consider:
Uspire clients utilise our Valid-8 and Activ-8 programmes to help create a systematic approach to building and delivering their commercial strategies and marketing plans.
If you want to explore how Valid-8 and Activ-8 can help your business, please get in touch with Chester by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.